We didn't really swim with the fishes, but it sounded funny since we went the the aquarium today.
Today, Tuesday, Sept 9th we didn't have to drive anywhere, well, not very far anyway. Yay! We spent the day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Fantastic! I've been wanting to visit this aquarium since I was a kid.
We had room service breakfast in our hotel room to save some time so we could head out to the aquarium as soon as possible. The food was really good too! I had a Belgian waffle with a side of bacon and Mike had a Denver omelette with a side of bacon. Yummy!
The aquarium was pretty busy, but we were able to see everything before the place closed at 6pm. We also had lunch at the aquarium, cheese pizza, which was not very good and expensive. :( The pizza sauce tasted like Chef Boyardee.
Most of the areas in the aquarium were too dark to take photos, but I was able to get some pretty amazing pics of the jellyfish since they were lit up pretty well. The kelp forest and outer bay aquariums were huge and fantastic! Check out their website for live webcams of the kelp forest, otters and penguins.
There was even a cool exhibit displaying art inspired by jellyfish. The glass by Chihuly was amazing!
After the aquarium we were pretty tired, so we grabbed a quick bite, hotdogs and chips at a place across from the aquarium, and headed back to our hotel rooms. We then had our desserts that we took home from The Spinnaker restaurant the night before. I had a chocolate pie thing and Mike had the cheesecake. Yummy and rich!
The weather in Monterey was overcast all day and rather chilly. I think the high was only 65 or so. I hope it clears up as we go south.
One really cool thing about our hotel is that we saw dolphins, otters and seals in the bay all from our hotel room! I tried to take some photos, but they were all too far away.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Swimming with the fishes
Labels:
california,
coast,
Monterey,
Monterey Bay Aquarium,
Ocean,
Pacific,
summer,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment