The weather has been absolutely fantastic in Manzanita, sunny and in the upper 60s! The beach is cold with the wind blowing, but not too bad with a wind breaker on.
We didn't do much at all today. We woke up late, around 8:30, had breakfast and chatted with Harvey and Sandy for awhile. We can't seem to convince them to get hi-speed internet. Oh, well. I did some laundry while Mike played with his email.
After a shipment of wine came in for H & S's restaurant, Terra Cotta Cafe, we all walked up to the Post Office and toured around Manzanita a bit. We then headed over to the Tavern for lunch. Mike and I had their yummy cheeseburgers and made a big mess, so I had to do more laundry. :)
We then went back to H & S's and chatted some more. They are working on some plans for building another house on their property and possibly selling the restaurant in a couple of years. Harvey also wants us to buy a time share with Marriott and he got us a rewards card, but I think I'm mostly confused about it. Maybe we'll look into it when we get home.
We noticed a lot of signs about tsunami zones along the Oregon coast. Harvey was happy that his house and restaurant are in a tsunami evacuation zone. He wanted to draw martini glasses on the sign. :)
At around 4pm a shipment of fish came in for the restaurant so H & S had to get busy again. I started to read a book that I found in the guest room, "Bombshell: The Life and Death of Jean Harlow." It's pretty interesting, she had a pretty sad and short life. Sandy is letting me borrow it and I will return it when they come to visit in Phoenix or someone in Phoenix goes to visit them.
We had dinner at their restaurant at 5:30. Mike had the spaghetti and huge meatball and I had the shrimp scampi. We shared dessert, berry cobbler. All was delicious! Yummy, yummy!
Now we have to pack up again as we will be heading to Bandon, OR tomorrow. These couple of days really sped by! We had a great time and really appreciate Harvey and Sandy letting us stay with them!
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are eating well. Enjoy the cool weather while you can, because it's still freaking hot here.
Post a Comment